The PPP configuration error in the DrayTek Smart VPN app is caused by a reconfiguration or damaged installation of the Wan Mini port (IP) device in Windows. When meeting the error "no PPP link control protocol configured" during the VPN dial-up, we can use either of the methods below to solve the issue.
1. Right-click the Windows Start button and select Device Manager.
2. Find the WAN Miniport (IP) Device under Network adapters
3. Right-click the WAN Miniport (IP) device and click Uninstall device.
4. Confirm the Uninstallation.
5. Select “Scan for hardware changes” from Device Manager >> Action, then the WAN Miniport device will be installed automatically.
6. Run Smart VPN Client. VPN should be able to dial-up now.
1. Enter “cmd” from the Windows search menu and select Run as administrator to open Command Prompt App.
2. Enter the command “netsh int ip reset” to reset the TCP/IP settings in the Network adapters.
Note that the PPP link error may also happen when the client fails to get an IP address from the VPN server. We may check the VPN server’s log if the above method doesn’t solve the issue.
Was this helpful?
Sorry about that. Contact Support if you need further assistance, or leave us some comments below to help us improve.